Your Holiday Insurance
TAKING OUT A HOLIDAY INSURANCE IS A COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT OF BOOKING
If you choose not to accept the holiday insurance policy offered by Ferris Holidays
please note that we are unable to deal with other holiday insurance companies due to
limited resources. We will not be able to offer assistance should you have taken out
holiday insurance elsewhere and submit a claim against that policy.
HOLIDAY INSURANCE AND YOUR HEALTH
If you choose to accept the holiday insurance policy offered by Ferris Holidays you
will receive your policy with your booking confirmation. There is now no need to
declare your pre-existing medical conditions to Travel Insurance Facilities. Instead the policy will
contain Health Conditions that explain the depth of cover that is available.
The Health Conditions contain a number of questions that you must consider.
If you can answer NO to the all of the seven questions then the policy will cover your
medical conditions. If you answer NO to any of the first five questions, but YES to the
sixth or seventh then you will simply need to obtain a certificate from your GP that you
are fit to travel. If however you answer YES to any of the first five questions then you
are not covered for the condition or conditions that caused this YES answer.
Ferris Holidays is an agent of the Insurer and is not authorised to provide recommendation or advice.
This policy is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiserversicherung AG, UK. Travel
Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG
are authorised by BAFIN and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This travel insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no
excluded medical conditions, are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure
themselves against the unforeseen circumstances/events detailed within this insurance policy. Subject to terms and
conditions and maximum specified sums insured.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs
but will be happy to provide you with factual information.
A SPECIMEN COPY OF THE HOLIDAY INSURANCE POLICY IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY WHEN RECEIVED.
SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS (PER PERSON)
|POLICY BENEFIT||MAXIMUM SUM INSURED / BENEFIT|
|Luggage & Personal Money ||£1,500|
|Luggage Delay ||£100 |
|Loss of Travel Documents ||£200 |
|Personal Liability ||£2,000,000|
|Personal Accident ||£15,000|
|Delayed Departure ||£100|
|Missed Departure ||£300|
|Legal Expenses ||£25,000|
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of the policy.
If you do not comply we may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant
claim payment. You are not required to declare your medical conditions. However, you must be able to comply
with the following:
Applying to travel within the United Kingdom and Europe: It is condition that at the time of taking out this
policy and between that time and your departure you must comply with each of the following:
You are not travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner;
You are not travelling for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment;
You have not been given a terminal prognosis;
You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for an illness or injury as a hospital day case or inpatient (only at the time of taking out the policy);
You are not aware of any reason why the trip should be cancelled or cut short (only at the time of taking out the policy).
In addition, if you are travelling outside the United Kingdom but within Europe, the following additional condition will apply:
You have not received any form of hospital treatment for an illness or injury during the six months prior to taking out the policy
We shall not be liable in respect of the following: -
- Any circumstances manifesting themselves subsequent to the date of booking the trip but prior to the date of issue of the insuranc
- Any liability resulting either directly or indirectly from any supplier of travel or associated services ceasing to trade.
- Unless cover is provided under this insurance any other loss, damage or additional expense following on from the event for which you are claiming. Examples of such loss, damage or additional expense would be the cost of replacing locks after losing keys, cost incurred in preparing a claim or loss of earning following injury or illness
- Any liability, howsoever arising, resultant from (i) the use of either faulty or inferior property or property not fulfilling its purpose (ii) the lack of provision of any service or the provision of such service not being of an appropriate standard (iii) withdrawal from service (temporary or otherwise) of a coach, an aircraft or sea vessel on the recommendation of a Port Authority, Civil Aviation Authority or of any similar body.
- Any claim (a) sustained whilst suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction (b) attributable to the influence of alcohol (a blood alcohol level that exceeds 0.19% - approximately four pints or four 175ml glasses of wine) or drugs not prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner
If you or anyone else named on this policy is not a resident in the UK, this policy cannot cover you.
Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained within the policy wording. If after purchasing a policy should you find it does not meet your requirements you have 14 days from the date of issue, or prior to travel (whichever is sooner) to cancel the policy.
£35 excess subject to policy wording
||HOLIDAY INSURANCE PREMIUM (Including 20% Insurance Premium Tax)
|| Adult 18-64
|| Adult 65-74
|| Adult 75+
||Child aged 3-17
|Up To 4 Days ||£17 ||£24 ||£35 ||£10 ||£41|
|Up To 6 Days ||£18 ||£25 ||£37 ||£11 ||£44|
|Up To 7 Days ||£19 ||£26 ||£39 ||£12 ||£47|
|Up To 10 Days ||£22 ||£32 ||£45 ||£13 ||£54|
|Up To 15 Days ||£24 ||£35 ||£48 ||£14 ||£59|
|Up To 17 Days ||£28 ||£38 ||£58 ||£16 ||£69|
|Up To 31 Days ||£33 ||£47 ||£68 ||£20 ||n/a|